|Describes how local government contributor to and enabler of economic growth through activities grouped under the following headings.
Government Economic Development Priority Areas
Leadership / Partnership/ Facilitation
• Setting, supporting and driving a vision, strategy and plan for economic growth.
Infrastructure / Planning / Resource Management
• Ensuring that the physical and built environment is conducive to economic growth.
• Creating a quality regulatory environment to make it easier for businesses to grow, invest and create jobs
encouraging economic growth.
• Effective coordination and delivery of key council activities that support the effective functioning of local communities.
Business and Industry Development
• Facilitating investment, industry and employment growth; and implementing measures that support a conducive
Social and Community
• An environment that supports wellbeing and enables communities to participate; contributing to economic growth. |